It just wouldn't be a Troff family vacation without ADVENTURE!
We planned on going to the lake on Monday to go boating and tubing but when we got to the lake and paid the $10 parking fee to get in... the water was SOOO choppy. And it was really windy outside. The white caps were pretty intense. We decided it really wasn't worth it and so we changed plans and headed to a place called Cascade Springs.
Well.... to get to Cascade Springs you have to climb the mountain on a very steep, rough, and windy dirt road for five miles. Luckily we were in cars and not on foot. When we finally got OVER the mountain we arrived at the area of Cascade Springs just to find that it was another $6 per car. AND... even though we planned on eating lunch there there was a big sign saying, "NO PICNICKING. We want to protect or vegetation and soil." Sigh.... So some nice older people directed us to a picnic area down another dirt road. As we neared the new area we realized we would have to pay AGAIN if we wanted to go there. So we found a flat part of the mountain and pulled over, arranging our camping chairs in a circle, pioneer style, and had lunch!
After lunch we went back to Cascade Springs and walked/hiked the trail. It was gorgeous and Abrielle loved the waterfalls. She kept looking around and saying, "WOW!"
We finished the day with a visit to Heber City's Dairy Keen for ice cream and a playing session at a local park. Both were so great and especially with Abrielle. She was completely fascinated by the train and kept saying, "WOW!" every time it came around and she loved playing with her Uncles and Grandparents at the park.
Day 2 we spent at the lake all day. We rented a SeaDoo and hit some serious waves. Jake, Alyssa, Matt, and I all swam about 1/2 a mile to an island in Jordanelle and it was really relaxing, surprisingly enough. We all got completely burned and dried out and left exhausted but it was SOOO much fun.
Funny story: my sister Alyssa and I are the most daring SeaDoo-ers. We hit huge waves and make sharp turns and go crazy. We were riding together and bouncing along and Alyssa stopped the SeaDoo and turned around to ask me if I wanted to drive... and we both fell off. We still don't know how it happened but we both just fell off the side WHILE WE WERE STOPPED! We sat in the water for 5 minutes just laughing and trying to pull ourselves back onto the SeaDoo.
Day 3 we spent RECOVERING. I don't remember ever being so sore in my entire life although I am sure I have been. We had dinner picnic style by a fishing pond while my dad and brother caught some fish. There was a park by the pond and Abrielle was playing and having a good time... and then just walked off the side! She fell on her face and now, on top of her lovely sunburn, has scratches all over the right side of her face. Poor baby! We finished the day with homemade ice cream, courtesy of my lovely mother!
Day 4 (today) we packed everything up and went to the Park City Outlet center. The Children's Place had some AMAZING sales and, of course, I couldn't resist getting some new outfits for my beautiful little girl. She loves new clothes. She hugs them and says, "Pretty!"
Day 5... tomorrow... is supposed to be a girl's day because our husbands are going back to work. I am not sure what we are doing yet but I will let you know!
My sister took all of the pictures of our trip so as soon as she gets them to me I will post some! Until then I hope you have all had some wonderful adventures this summer and we are so glad we got some!
Love, Shayla and the Bentley Family
No comments:
Post a Comment