Jake and I had an amazing getaway together! It was exactly what we needed and SOOO perfect!
After teaching earlier in the day than usual because of the holiday I dropped off Abrielle at her Grandma Bentley's house and got her all settled for her stay. I then had the wonderful and rare opportunity of going WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING with my best girlfriend, Ashley Crapo. (Soon to be Ashley Cook!) We had such a fun time and found the PERFECT dress. She looks gorgeous in it and I was so happy that she found a dress that makes her so happy!
I rushed back from Provo to pick Jake up from work and realized that I hadn't had anything to eat all day except for an English muffin. So we headed straight away to dinner at Chili's! They are doing a 2 for $20 deal right now where you get an appetizer, two entrees, and dessert. It was DELICIOUS! Jake got the Buffalo Chicken Salad and I got the Oldtimer burger with EXTRA pickles, of course. We had the Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie for dessert and it was heavenly!
We checked into the Armstrong Mansion after dinner and although we DID get February Interlude like I wanted, someone forgot to put it on the cleaning crews list... so we had to change to the September Woods Room. Jake was pretty happy about that because he was interested in September and it turned out to be a very nice change. The room has a King size My Comfort bed in it and was SOOO relaxing. I got into the bed and told Jake, "Sorry honey, but you are going to have to pry me from here if you want me to go anywhere!" We had a fabulous time. The jacuzzi was so relaxing and inviting and we got an amazing night's rest without having to worry about our sweet baby crying in the night. We watched "Ocean's Eleven" as we fell asleep. Jake saw the whole thing. I saw maybe 10 minutes. Lol.In the morning we watched part of "Iron Man" before breakfast. For breakfast we had a wonderful cheesy quiche with sausage and peppers topped with salsa, yogurt, cranberry juice, and cream cheese and strawberry preserves English Muffins! YUM!
We checked out around 10:30 in the morning and headed straight to the Shane Co. My ring tends to eat my finger because they mix nickel with the gold in order to make it more workable. It was getting pretty bad so we took it in to get Rodium (sp?) plated and sized up 1/4 of a size to give it more breathing room. Jake's ring no longer fits and we were trying to look into options for changing the size. They no longer make the ring he had so we got a new one that they just let us exchange straight across! Yay!After Shane Co. we went to Salt Lake Century 16 to see "Sherlock Holmes." We were sitting in the theater and watching the previews and they were HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe some of the movies that are coming out. I was having a heart attack and kept turning to Jake to say, "I hope the movie isn't as bad as this!" The movie finally started with a view of a dead body and a cat that gets shot by an arrow. You see EVERYTHING! Hear the squishing and see the blood, etc. Suddenly, the screen flashes, "THE BOOK OF ELI!" We were so shocked! Everyone in the theater stood up and was wondering what in the world was going on. There were younger kids in the audience too! Turns out, the movie people mixed up the theaters. We were supposed to be in theater 14 and the people who wanted to see "The Book of Eli" were supposed to be in our theater. (Theater 16).
So we missed the first 5 minutes of the movie, but we caught enough of it to understand what was going on. We really liked the movie. I thought it was very intriguing and a perfect murder/mystery kind of story-line. I liked it better than "Iron Man." It is definitely an adult movie but I thought Robert Downey Jr. was perfect for the role and Jude Law was EXCELLENT as Watson. They were both fantastic characters and much like what I would imagine Sherlock Holmes and Watson to be like.
We finished off our getaway with dinner at Thaifoon at The Gateway. Jake and I are big fans of Asian cuisine and I wanted him to try Thaifoon because he never has. We started with an appetizer of calamari and it looked like a bunch of fried spiders on a plate, but it tasted amazing! We had Mango Chicken and Spicy Beef Noodles (can't remember the technical name) with white rice and finished off the meal with a Chocolate Volcano. It was a chocolate cake in the style of souffle and topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, cocoa powder, and raspberry sauce. VERY tasty!We picked up Abrielle after that and headed home. What a wonderful blessing it was to be able to have this getaway and we are so grateful to our family for watching our beautiful baby! Now on to face real life again!
Love, the Jacob Bentley Family



No comments:
Post a Comment