Jake and I had a great time this weekend!
I decided to end my long boycott of Classic Skating (since I almost broke my tailbone last time we went) and Jake and I headed to Sandy to party with the teeny-boppers! Before I met Jake he would go skating very regularly. He has his own rollerskates that look a lot like the picture below and he can do all sorts of cool tricks. All of the kids at the skating rink would stop and ooh and aah while watching him. But he was also very sweet and considerate and would hold my hand while we skated around as well. I am terrified of falling after last time and he made sure that I didn't!
After an hour and a thorough workout for Jake, we headed over to The Pie Pizzeria in South Jordan. We also haven't been there in quite some time and it was just as delicious as I remember! We always get a 12" to share and then the separate halves to our individual tastes. I got pepperoni, olives, and green peppers on my side and Jake went Hawaiian with canadian bacon, thick ham, and dole pineapple.As a fun turn of events, we got an unexpected SECOND date this weekend! Jake's best guy friend, Michael Anderson, called us up to tell us he couldn't make the show his family had booked with their season tickets to Desert Star. He offered us the tickets and we jumped on the chance to go!
We hit Subway $5 foot-longs for dinner before and laughed it up at Desert Star's showing of "Twi-Lite." I hope you can guess what it was based on. Having never read the books, I delighted in the truthful humor about how crazy some young girls go over the books. With lines like, "Please, don't ever again say that it is just a book," and "There is a Bella inside of me just waiting to burst out," Jake and I busted a gut laughing at the parody. They did a great job in performing although some of the girls were a bit over the top. You can only take so much high-pitched squealing before it starts to wear on your nerves.
After the show we used our wonderful Happenings book to get buy one get one free sundaes at Leatherby's! Hurray! I got Allan's Black and Tan with AMAZING Toasted Almond ice cream (which is now my favorite ice cream flavor) and Jake got James' Strawberry Shortcake sundae. If you are familiar with Leatherby's you will know that this was WAY too much ice cream for the two of us and we have some large containers in our freezer that are waiting to be enjoyed for a second time!
It was a great weekend and a great way to enter Spring Semester 2010... Jake is taking 13 credit hours this semester so please keep in your prayers!
A special thanks to Marie Bentley and Vickie Bentley for helping us out with Abrielle! You girls are awesome!
Love, The Jacob Bentley Family



No comments:
Post a Comment