Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lost Once More

We received word yesterday that the biopsy came back negative for Celiac. My first reaction was one of great despair at being back to square one. However, the result did show inflammation in my stomach lining which is a condition called gastritis. This condition is not permanent and can be controlled by taking a medication such as Prilosec OTC. The doctor recommended that we do a colonoscopy to check for colonitis - but I really do not believe that that is what is happening. In the research that I did about it it just doesn't seem to fit. Right now we are pursuing the Prilosec course and in 14 days if things do not improve, I will return to see my doctor. Until then I am back to eating wheat and gluten and have felt pretty much the same as I did when I was off of it. However, I am hesitant to try dairy again. I am afraid that lactose intolerance developed at the same time as the gastritis and will approach it very slowly and cautiously. I am in no hurry to be in pain and throwing up again. We will see what the next two weeks bring.

In other news, Jake and I had the opportunity to see "The Scarlet Pimpernel" at the Hale Center Theatre yesterday and it was so wonderful! They did a phenomenal job with it and we loved it immensely! We are great fans of the book, the movie, and the play, and I am determined to get the CD for Christmas!

We hope everyone is well. Jake and Abrielle are doing quite well and Abrielle is just as cute and sweet as ever. The fountains of drool coming out of her would suggest that she is teething again, although no teeth additional teeth have currently broken through. We'll have to see is she is as well behaved this time around as she was when she cut her first two teeth.

Wish us luck!

Love, Shayla and the Bentley Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you and Jake were able to see The Scarlet Pimpernel. It was an amazing play wasn't it? I hear that Curtains is suppose to be good as well.
Hope you have a great week!