Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday My Dearest Love

I get MAJOR "cool wife" points this time! I have been planning for a few weeks to surprise my adorable husband for his birthday with some special "us" time. I coordinated things with the Grandmas so that Abby would be taken care of and on Tuesday night I whisked Jake home for some time alone and a good night of sleep!

We got a LOT of sleep and got up eager to meet our day together! We started by going to breakfast at Jim's Family Restaurant - gotta love it! After stuffing ourselves we started to attempt to find something to do. You'd be really surprised about how many things are NOT open on a weekday morning. We ended up at Mulligan's for a round of miniature golf. I started out really strong and got par or below on most of the holes - unfortunately I seemed to have digressed throughout the game and wasn't doing so well by the end, so Jake won! (I told him that I let him win since it was his birthday celebration. :-))

After Mulligan's we headed over to All Star Sandy Lanes for some BOWLING. Now, if you know me, I am NOT a bowler - my broken nails and bad scores proved that well enough; but, we did have a good time and learned a bit better about how to laugh at ourselves.

We headed home after bowling so that I could pump (gotta love breastfeeding). We watched Secondhand Lions and ended up falling asleep for a nice 2 hour nap.

I was DYING of thirst after our nap and so we stopped at Jubilee to grab some Sobes. We were assaulted by annoying sales people at the door but we escaped with our lives (barely) and headed over to the mall. We wandered around for a while, just window shopping and ended up in a shop called The Candy Barrel. They have a bunch of barrels filled with OLD candies there - things you would've bought as a child like Cry Babys and Chick-o-Sticks. We had a great time picking out some candies and sharing them with each other. We also stopped in the FANZZ store because Jake won a $25 gift certificate from work and we had to blow it somehow... We couldn't think of ANYTHING we really needed/wanted there so we got Abrielle an adorable pink JAZZ hoodie. She will fit into it this fall when the next Jazz season starts.

We decided it was time for dinner after that and we went to Red Lobster for a LOBSTER FEAST! We had a lobster, spinach, and artichoke chip dip with pico de gallo to start with their garlic rolls and a caesar salad. After that we had Rock and Maine Lobster tail with an alfredo pasta that had more lobster and shrimp and seafood in it. We also had a side dish of calamari. SOOOO good! Needless to say... we were STUFFED!

After dinner we headed to Sandy to catch a dollar movie. While waiting for our movie to start we stopped in to Kid-to-Kid and bought an adorable summer dress for Abrielle for only $3! Yay! We saw Inkheart at the movies and, although we were full and tired, we enjoyed it!

INKHEART Review! (Rated PG) - This is a fast paced story and wasn't as developed as it could've been... it was only an hour and 46 minutes long. The story was very intriguing and I definitely wouldn't have minded if it had gone longer. The characters were either really good or really not so good... there were some cheesy parts of the movies, and there were some good action based and tender moments. All-in-all I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it again or recommending it to others. Jake really liked it and we may even buy it someday! :)

We picked up our beautiful baby after the movie and headed home. She finished our fabulous day by sleeping completely through the night! We couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration! I love you Jake! Happy birthday my dearest love!

No comments: