Saturday, October 11, 2008

You Don't Understand LAUNDRY Until...

Wow. So I thought that doing laundry was no big deal. You put the clothes in, turn it on, put them in the dryer, put away - right? Well, it sounds simple enough until you have more clothes to wash and organize and sort and fold in one day than you have done in the entire course of your marriage so far!

My sister, Brynndi, is three years old - thus, my mother saved all of her clothes in case I had a baby girl. When we found out about Abby I was so excited to not have to worry about buying a bunch of new baby clothes so I had my brothers and my husband pull all of the saved clothes down from my parent's attic.

I desperately wish I had a camera so that you could see the status of my living room. I wanted to make sure that this project was tackled and taken care of LONG before our little girl is supposed to come, so I decided to "start" yesterday. (If you know me, I have a hard time just "starting" a project. If I don't start and finish it in one foul swoop it usually takes a VERY long time to see the project through to conclusion.) I started around 9:30 am yesterday and put the last load of laundry in the dryer at 10:20 pm. (With a break to make dinner.) Yeah, it was that long.

And what are the results of my labors? (And the labors of my FANTASTIC husband who so willingly helped me, without complaint, when he got home from work.) We have an entire dresser full (PLUS some more) of clothes size 0 - 6 months, 2 storage boxes of clothes 6 - 12 months, 2 storage boxes of clothes 12 - 18 months, 1 LARGE plastic container of clothes 18 - 24 months, 1 LARGE plastic container of clothes 24+ months, and a few clothes that are 3T and 4T. We also have about a dozen burp clothes, bibs, and receiving blankets. Seriously.

So I am pretty sure I am not going to need a bunch of ladies bringing baby clothes to my baby showers! I'm sure my mom and Grandma will get her some cute new outfits, but we are thinking of a way to put on the invitations, "SHE HAS A TON OF CLOTHES! THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE!" Only much more classy than that. :-) But my showers probably won't be until January so we have plenty of time to work it out.

Now I just need to get my house put back together before the home teachers come tomorrow....

Love from the Bentley Family

1 comment:

Amy Beagley said...

My friend Missy just had a baby girl and got a lot of clothes from relatives and she also has a 2 year old girl, so she had a "diapers and wipes" themed baby shower. She still got a couple of cute outfits for the baby, but for the most part people bought her what she really needed, diapers and wipes!