Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blessings and Trials

Things are continuing to progress here! I am now 22+ weeks pregnant and starting to show it. Abby must be growing pretty fast right now. I felt her for the first time a few weeks ago and man oh man; she is an active little girl! She doesn’t kick really hard right now and it just feels like my stomach is twitching, but she is very territorial about “her space” and doesn’t like it when something is squishing her. I wore a skirt this last Sunday that had an elastic part that was putting some pressure on my stomach when I sat down and she thought it was fun to spend all of sacrament meeting kicking me right where the elastic was. Jake has had the chance to feel her kick a few times and she kicks the hardest when Jake’s hand is on my tummy. He was really excited about getting to feel her and it was wonderful for me to see him so excited.

We received some very unexpected blessings this month on top of some very unexpected trials. Trials first – Jake went to the dentist and found out he has to get a crown and some other dental work done, and the back tire on my car decided to give up on my way to my Grandmother’s house yesterday. Thank goodness for dental insurance so that we only have to pay around $400 for all of the work Jake needs to have done, normally it would be over $1000, and replacing my tire only cost us $60. Jake’s work schedule put his lunch at exactly 11:30 yesterday which was exactly the same time that I called him about my tire. He was able to come out and replace my tire and get back to work in a very timely manner. Usually his lunch is an hour later, and I would have been stranded. God certainly loves me.

On top of those blessings, I was (finally) cleaning out my trunk the other day and found a $30 gift card to Target and $40 in cash in cards from our wedding. Using that money we were able to get some fun new movies, socks Jake desperately needed, and four new maternity shirts for me – something I was very worried about because there are some really good sales going on right now and I wasn’t going to have any money to take advantage of them with our unexpected expenses popping up. It has been very nice to have some new clothes that I feel comfortable and beautiful in and I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for sending us the unexpected blessing.

My next doctor’s appointment is tomorrow as well as a dental cleaning appointment for me. Jake is getting his crown done tomorrow at the same time as my cleaning appointment. I just hope that I won’t need any additional work done…

My brother-in-law Robert and his wife Bridget had their baby at the beginning of this month. Breena Celeste Bentley was born on October 2nd, 2008 at 8:01 pm. She weighed 8 lbs 11.3 oz and was 20.1 inches long. Big baby! She was almost two weeks late so it isn’t very surprising that she got so big. She doesn’t look a whole lot like a newborn and has just about the roundest face I have ever seen on a baby. She is adorable and it is really strange to know that I am an aunt now. Aunt Shayla. Hmmmmm… it still seems strange.

Besides me and Bridget, our cousins Tonya, Kyra, and Jennifer were/are also pregnant. And all with little girls! Jennifer’s daughter’s name is Isi and she came sometime in September. Kyra delivered a few days ago and only had to push for 20 minutes! Her little girl is named Lydia Rosalie. Tonya is due November 20th, and then I will be the last in February! We figured out that the chance that we would all be pregnant with girls was around 3%. I guess the Freestone/Bentley/Wilkins/Rowley families are all supplying the world with little girls!

Things are going well for both Jake and me in our jobs, despite some stresses. We continue to push forward and make the most of the situations we are in and hopefully things will continue to improve.

All-in-all we are doing well and are grateful for the blessings of a loving Father in Heaven! We love hearing from friends and family so drop us a line!

Love from the Bentley Family

No comments: