Jake finished his Bachelor's degree at Western Govenor's University in Business with an emphasis in Information Technology. After over 6 long years of travelling this road we were beyond excited and relieved to have it come to an end. Many people have since asked us if Jake will be going onto a graduate program. The answer is - we aren't sure, but probably not. We got through school through the generosity of Pell Grants and we would seriously have to weigh the cost-to-benefit ratio for him to ever consider going back.
Jake also left his job working for the LDS Church in Distribution to work for a company called Towers Watson Extend Health as a Quality Assurance Specialist. Although we are very grateful for his job in Distribution and how far it was able to bring us, it was time to move on. Jake is absolutely loving his new job and it appears to be the perfect fit for him and for his education. We are eternally grateful to our friends, Zac and Ashley Cook, for providing us with this opportunity.
I was also blessed to finish my Associate's degree in Fitness Technology this year. I worked for a short time after finishing school for a company called Exercise is Medicine. I worked with patients in a clinical setting to help them with lifestyle intervention and regaining their health. The week before Valerie was born I turned my patients over to another therapist and bowed out with the intention of returning after my maternity leave period. Things didn't quite work out that way and although I may return some day, that day is not at this time.
Life with three kids is more busy than I ever imagined it would be. I still teach piano 5 days of the week although I have severely reduced my schedule. I use my personal training certification by training family members throughout the week and I love that it also gives me the opportunity to get my exercise in. I am still the Gospel Doctrine teacher in our ward and I hope to never be released.
What a wonderful year we have had! We look forward with hope and anticipation to what 2015 will bring to our family. We are so grateful for you, our family and friends, and we hope you can feel of the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ, every day throughout your lives.
Love Always, Shayla (And Jake, Abrielle, Nathan, and Valerie)




No comments:
Post a Comment