GRANDPA ARNO WILLIAM TROFF
My Grandpa Troff has always fascinated me. He is a man of many talents and hobbies. When I was little he had a giant garden in his backyard that was just sheer wonderland to my young mind. He has always been very generous with the "fruits of his labors" as well and we have enjoyed many of his home-grown wares over the years.My Grandpa Troff is one of the most committed men that I know to his family. He is the kind of man you can always count on to be there and to help when he can. Something I have always treasured about him is the way he hugs you at the end of a visit and says, "Boy, you're a neat girl!" Those hugs have always made me feel special and valuable, even now as an adult. I appreciate the plethora of stories he has to tell that give me greater insight into the man that he is and the heritage that I am a part of. I think the number one thing I would say I have learned the most from my Grandpa Troff is that he has taught me to make the very most out of my life and the opportunities given to me.
GRANDPA JEDDY LAYNE DUNFORD
The lovely lady in this picture is my cousin, Brittney. I had to use this picture because I just love how much of my Grandpa's personality it reflects.
My Grandpa Dunford has always been a unique person in my life. To this man I am "Shayla-Wayla-Scayla-Mentayla." He is fun and goofy but easy to sit down and have serious life discussions with. When I was younger he used to take us on "walk-and-talks" all the time and we would talk and walk (sometimes for over an hour) about everything that is going on in our lives. He would offer advice where appropriate and offer words of encouragement about decisions we were facing. And even though we don't walk as much anymore - I still enjoy these talks on a regular basis.
My Grandpa taught me a very important lesson from early on in my life - we create false beliefs in our own lives and if we can identify which beliefs are false we can face them and conquer them. He has helped me to look more introspectively in my life than I ever would have without him and to become a better woman because of it.
FATHER-IN-LAW CLIFFORD BLACK BENTLEY
If I had to sum up my father-in-law in just a few words I think that the words I would choose would be, "He thirsts for knowledge." I know very few people who seek understanding and knowledge with such dedication as this man and he shares many precious gems of that knowledge with us on a regular basis. Not only is he dedicated in his pursuit of knowledge, but he is also very dedicated in pursuing the other things that are important to him including his hobbies (Mormon Tabernacle Choir, in particular) and his family. If there is a family event you can bet he will be there to support one (or many) of his family members.He is kind and loving with our children and someone you can sit down and have easy, lengthy conversations with. Dad Bentley is someone that you definitely know cares about you and about what is happening in your life. He is always willing to listen and offer logical advice based on love and experience and that is something I greatly appreciate about him.
The thing I am most grateful for, however, is the way he has helped to mold and guide my dear husband. I see a lot of my father-in-law in my husband and I have full confidence that he has always tried to steer him in the best paths and to help him to become the best man, husband, and father he could possibly be.
FATHER DANIEL WILLIAM TROFF
Oh my sweet daddy... how could I possibly say enough about this man? I think that there were many times as a teenager that I took my father for granted. I knew that he was a good man and that he loved me and I appreciated the wisdom and the spirituality that he always tried to lead our family with... but it wasn't until I entered my later teens and early adult years that I think I truly saw my dad for who he is.
There is no one that I know personally that I feel is closer to the spirit than my father. He tries so hard to maintain that high level of communication with our Father in Heaven and to use the wisdom and advice he gains from that relationship to nurture the relationships with those around him. He has given me life-changing advice on many occasions and I would most certainly not be the woman I am today nor at the place I am today without his quiet, yet fierce, leadership.
I always thought I was so much like my mother but as I have grown I have seen how much of my personality is derived from my father. If he likes it, chances are I will like it too. We share such a special bond over many things like food preferences and books and I have more fun talking to my dad than I do doing just about anything.
But above all, my daddy loves me and I know that. I know that he loves me more than most people in this universe. And he has always shown and demonstrated that love to me. He has helped me to recognize my own worth and to feel loved and valued. I truly cannot say enough about how much I love and admire this wonderful man.
HUSBAND JACOB FREESTONE BENTLEY
Although obviously not one of my own "father figures" I think there are probably no other fathers that will have greater influence on my life than the father of my children and my eternal companion. I am so grateful to be able to learn and grow with this man throughout eternity. I have watched him learn how to be a father over the past 5+ years to our children (and continually learn) and I am amazed at the selfless love he demonstrates in serving each of us day after day.
My heart is filled to the brim when I watch him reading stories, playing with cars, or holding on to the back of a bike while running down the street. I love the sound of squeals and little feet running to the back door to greet him when he gets home from work. I love seeing the pride and happiness in his eyes as he observes our children continually learning and growing, or when he sees a newborn baby and his face lights up with the thoughts of our own expanding family. This sweet and gentle man is the greatest blessing in my life and the greatest gift from my Heavenly Father. I am so happy that I have the privilege to be his wife and to be the mother to his children. I can press forward with confidence in an unknown future knowing that my partner will always be there to love and support me each step of the way.
And, lastly, I need to recognize the greatest father of them all - my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful that he has put me into a position to know, to be loved, and to be influenced by these wonderful men. I am grateful for His gospel and the great plan of happiness and salvation that has brought so much happiness to my life.
To all the fathers out there I hope you had a wonderful day surrounded by those you love and hold dear. And I hope that you know, always, how much you are appreciated!
Love, Shayla



No comments:
Post a Comment