Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Happenings

This past week we had the opportunity to stay at my parent's house while they went to Hawaii. It was my mom and dad's first time every being to Hawaii and a great opportunity for them to spend time together. I only have one "young" sibling, per say, but it is nice to have a mother around to take care of motherly things - like making sure my brothers actually eat dinner and come home at curfew.

Abrielle absolutely loved the week. My sister (Brynndi) is 8 years old and only 3 1/2 years older than Abrielle. Abrielle loved having a big sister for the week and they spent every waking moment (when Brynndi wasn't at school) together.

Abrielle turned 5!!!! I have so few pictures of her birthday celebrations but we had a wonderful time with her. We went to Toys R' Us where she bought a new horse and then shopped for all kinds of delicious eats. We met up with my sister's family at Jump N' Bounce and had lunch together. Serry (my niece) spent the rest of the day with us and we met up with Jake's family at the Chinese Gourmet for dinner. On Sunday we had a huge birthday breakfast and a huge birthday dinner just for our special girl!

I keep coming back to this post trying to write more but so little is coming to my mind. My last update pretty much summed up our life and... it hasn't really changed. So I guess this is all I have got!

Things to look forward to:

My baby brother, Chess Champion Kayden Troff, earned another Grandmaster Norm today at the Dallas, Texas Tournament!!!!!! We will get to celebrate this great accomplishment this weekend.

My 2nd youngest brother, Zac, turned in his mission papers! His call should be here within the next few weeks.

My Grandpa's birthday was on the 7th and so we will be getting together to celebrate his birthday this Sunday... I think... :-)

I promise to blog when I have more to say. Until then.... love to all!

Shayla


No comments: