Hello dearest friends and family,
I know that I have been MIA lately.
Honestly, I haven't had much to say and there hasn't been a whole lot going on
beside what is ordinary in our lives. I haven't had much inclination to write
about anything, anywhere (including in my journal... oops!) but I thought I
would take the opportunity to update a little.
Jake is doing well and trying to
continually plug through school. We have him on a fairly rigorous homework
schedule that necessitates a lot of time. Right now our life mostly consists of
him going to work, coming home for some food, and then doing homework until
9:30ish at night. Luckily I have had the Olympics and some good reading to
distract me. (For the most part...) Although it isn't very fun we are
feeling a greater sense of urgency for him to finish his degree. He really is
so very close and if we can just sprint to that finish line that means this very long race will
be over much sooner. We've been married for almost 6 1/2 years and he has been
going to school for that entire time. I know, in the grand scheme of things,
that may not seem like very much but it has been a long road just to get a
Bachelor's degree.
Other than school Jake continues to work
for the Distribution Services at the church. He is interested in getting a
different job, particularly if it involved IT, but we haven't had any luck in
our search so far. We believe that may not change until after he receives his
degree but we'll have to see. If anyone knows of anything please let us know.
I may have mentioned a few months ago that
Jake was released as the Ward Mission Leader and called as the Sunday School
President. He is really enjoying his new calling so far and gets very excited
about being able to participate in the various classes.
I am also finishing up my schooling. Many
people have asked me if I am finished and the answer is, unfortunately, no. I
am certified as an ACSM Certified Personal trainer but that is just part of my degree. My degree is actually
an Associate of Applied Science of Fitness Technology. It gives me the option
to do many different things than to “just” be a personal trainer.
However, I have also had a lot of people ask me what my plan is
when my degree is finished (which is in early May). The answer is – I have no
idea. Weird, right? And very much not like me. But I don’t know what the future
holds with regards to this degree and I’m not sure exactly what I want to do
with it. The ironic thing about this program is that I feel, in many ways, that
they talked me out of pursuing many different courses but didn’t leave me with
one I feel really passionate about. Oh well. I’m sure I will figure it out.
I am still teaching piano and still the Gospel Doctrine teacher in
our ward. I am still reading through the Bible and I think I am finally nearing
1/3 of the way done. The reading is a large amount every day (around 14
chapters) but it has certainly blessed my life in many different ways and given
me a much greater understanding about the people and doctrine in the Bible. I
am excited for the rest of this challenge to unfold. Currently I am finishing
up Numbers, Psalms, and St. John.
Abrielle turns F.I.V.E. on Sunday. FIVE!!!! Holy Cow. When did that happen? We applied for her to go to Navigator Pointe Academy (a charter school very close to our house) for Kindergarten this year but we won't know about whether she got in or not for another month or so (admissions work on a lottery system so it really just comes down to chance...).
We have a lot of fun plans to celebrate her birthday this weekend and, hopefully, I will actually take some pictures to share with you as we recount the experience.
She has 2 days of Karate left before she will "graduate" from the Tiny Tigers class. I have signed her up for a Tumbling class in June (otherwise it conflicts with her preschool schedule) and we are considering enrolling her in a clogging class with her cousin and aunt but we haven't decided on that front yet.
Nathan continues to just be Nathan. Happy and smiley and saying a lot of funny things. Some of my favorites are when he fist pumps the air and says, "I am the best ever!" Or if you ask him many different questions and he holds up his hand and says, "No, I'm okay. I'll be alright." As of right now we aren't going to enroll him in preschool this year (and probably not next year either) and we are planning on holding off for Kindergarten until he is 6 because his birthday is in the summer. I am enjoying the time with "my baby."
I make no promises when I will write again but I hope this finds anyone who reads it well. We send our love and best wishes to you all.
Love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment