Sunday, November 24th, 2013
My Dearest Brother,
HAPPY (belated)
BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you feel so much
older and wiser now? How was the big 2-1 for you? Did you do something special
on your birthday? Did your companion make you a cake and sing to you at every
appointment? Because, he totally should have! We’ll have to do a celebration
for you when you get home. I’ll even make the dessert of your choice!
This week…. Wow. What did we do? I honestly couldn’t tell
you! Things have been pretty normal around our house. We clean up, go to work,
go to school, spend time together when we can…. That’s about it.
OH!!!! I remember! We went to see the new Hunger Games movie
this Wednesday night with dad. We went to a lovely little Greek restaurant for
dinner. Dad introduced us to it. It is called Chicken Express. You wouldn’t
think that it was anything special just from looking at it but it was very delicious
and very well priced. The movie itself was also fantastic and we went home
full, happy, and satisfied.
The biggest event of the week was that we got to see Zac as
Willard Hewitt in Footloose at Bingham. He was FABULOUS!!!! He always impresses
me but I think that this was my favorite role of his. He was funny and talented
and his song was great. His voice has really matured over the years. I think he
was the best part of the whole play. (I may
be slightly biased).
We are looking forward to mom and Kayden’s return from
Hungary this Wednesday. I can’t believe they have been gone for almost an
entire month. We are all anxious to be together again and to have you join us
in just 25 days from today!!!!
Since Thanksgiving is this Thursday we will be preparing our
turkeys for brining on Tuesday night. It is always an adventure to do the
turkeys and I look forward to seeing how they will turn out this year.
Also, since Thanksgiving is this Thursday I think I will
list some things that I am thankful for:
1) I
am most thankful for my faith and knowledge of the gospel. The Lord blesses me
and my family so much and I am so grateful for the peace and happiness that the
Gospel brings to my life.
2) I
am thankful for Jake and for our eternal marriage. We have spent 6 ½ years
together and it has been the most wonderful years of my life. I am so grateful
for my best friend.
3) I
am thankful for my children. Although they are the hardest thing I have ever
done they are also incredibly rewarding. They bring me lasting and continual
joy and my life would not be the same without them.
4) I
am thankful for my family – YOU! And my parents (both sets) and all of my
wonderful siblings and nieces and nephews and all of our extended family. We
are so richly blessed with the love and support of family and I don’t know how
I would get through this life without them.
5) I
am thankful for my friends and for the love and support they have given me and
my family over the years. I have been extremely blessed to have relationships
with people that have lasted through decades and they bring a greater happiness
and richness to my life.
6) I
am thankful for my journal and the opportunity it gives me to write the words
of my heart. I am thankful to be able to record my personal history for future
generations, but most particularly for myself to look back and to see how I
have grown and changed over the years.
7) I
am thankful for the generosity of our family. I wouldn’t have been able to go
through school without the countless hours of babysitting that our moms and
Alyssa and Beth have provided. They are so good to us and to our children.
8) I
am thankful for my schooling. It has been challenging but very rewarding and I
know that I have been able to grow a lot through the knowledge I have gained
and the people I have met.
9) I
am thankful for my health and my body. It has gotten me through a lot. I have
problems, just like anyone else, but I am grateful for everything I have been
able to do and the experiences I have been able to have.
10) I am
thankful for my home and our cars. Again, they aren’t perfect but they are
wonderful and tremendous blessings!
Honestly I could go on forever but
I think these are some of the biggest things that I am thankful for this year. I
know that I have left so many things out but I am truly blessed and grateful
for what I have been given. Truly we are a blessed people.
I love you, dear brother. Happy
Thanksgiving! I hope that you can find many wonderful reasons to be thankful
this season.
All my love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment