My dearest brother,
I hope that you are doing well and that Finland is treating you well. Things are going well here. We had our first snowfall of the season this morning and Nathan was completely fascinated by the falling wonder. I am sure Abrielle was too but she was not with me for most of the day. Her Grandma Bentley tries to do monthly “Grandma Sleepovers” with her and that was this past night. I must admit that I was surprised just how much I missed her while she was away. I knew that I would but there were several times that my heart just ached for my Abrielle. I am glad she had a fun time, however, and that she has that opportunity to build the special relationship with her Grandma.
While Abrielle was at her sleepover last night Jake and I took the opportunity to have some fun with Nathan as well. We went out for pizza and shopping and watched “Support Your Local Sheriff” when we got back home. It is an old western movie that is quite entertaining. Jake slept for 11 hours and we had a relaxing morning. I think Jake and I probably talked for 2 hours straight while Nathan took a nap and the house was quiet. It was one of the best weekends we have had in a long time and very much needed.
We fasted for so many things today it kind of boggles my mind. Is there a limit to what you can fast for at one time? There are many people that we know of that are in special need right now and I wanted to include as many of them as I could in our fast. Our cousin, Chelsea Green, (Suzie’s daughter) has contracted a bad infection on her mission. It started in her stomach but moved into her legs and caused them to swell to 3x their normal size. She can no longer walk and is no longer responding to the medication they have been giving her. If she doesn’t get better soon I assume they will send her home from her mission. We prayed extra hard for a miracle on her behalf so that she could stay on her mission – but I have full faith that the will of the Lord for her will be carried out.
This week has been a fun one with Halloween. We enjoyed the annual carnival at mom and dad’s ward and the kids were absolutely perfect. Halloween was a bit more difficult as Nathan was kind of worn out and whiny but we made the best of it and Abrielle was hilarious. They both bring immense joy to our lives and we are so grateful for them.
Jake has had some trouble finding fire and motivation for schoolwork this week but he has rededicated himself to getting it finished and we have set some goals for him. We are still hopeful that he can finish his school work within this term (before March) but we will have to see what happens.
I am doing well and have regained my health. I have been able to get back to my usual activities this week and I am grateful for the blessing of modern medicine to help me recover. The antibiotics were hard on my stomach but I have my appetite back now and the sinus infection is gone and I am very grateful.
I love you, dear brother. I hope that we can get things worked out for your schooling. Don’t forget to send me your Driver’s License number and I will get the ball rolling for you.
All my love,
Shayla
Movie and popcorn time on Mom's bed with cousin Serry
Adorable hippie/disco girl
Gutting pumpkin
Daddy and Daughter
Yuck...
Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren with Grandma Traci
Abrielle and Serry with Grandma Traci
*As you can see there are no pictures of Nathan.... He was a bumblebee for Halloween and we get an F-- for not getting any pictures of him. He was pretty grumpy and tired by picture time on Halloween.







No comments:
Post a Comment