January 20th, 2013
My Dearest Brother,
I really don’t
have a ton to say this week. Nathan has still been sick and I am starting to
wonder if he is ever going to get better. School started this week and I love
my classes. Even though my schedule is busy and involved I love the challenge.
I really was made to be a student. I also went to a class called Step for the
first time yesterday at the gym and adored it. I am planning on attending every
Saturday morning and someday maybe I will even certify as a Step instructor.
Jake and Abrielle are doing well – both still healthy for
now. Even though it is only 7:30 I am wiped out and ready to put the kids down
and go to bed myself.
I love you, my dear brother. I hope that things are going
well for you. I was talking to my friend Ashley’s husband this week and he told
me how hard Finland is at this time of year when it is so cold and there is so
little sun. I loved your letter last week and I thought it was very profound
and optimistic of you. Keep your head up and know that we love you and that we
are praying for you. You are amazing and truly an example and a blessing to us
all.
Love always and forever,
Shayla
My ring is in the shop getting re-plated so it doesn't eat my finger anymore. (We have to take it in every 3-6 months...) This is my stand-in that Jake bought me since it will be in the shop for so long this time. If I could choose this is the design of my "ideal" ring.
Every mother has to take the classic bath picture. And when the kids are this cute... how can you blame me?
Cuddling with my sick boy. New hair color. Not a great picture but you get the point.
Nathan setting up his parking garage for his toy cars.
Jake and Abrielle taking turns playing a game on his phone.
We visited Jake's parent's ward to hear them speak. Abrielle took the opportunity once the meeting was over to go sit by Grandma. She sure is a Grandma's girl! I love the special relationship they have.
We got a bunch of "new" books from a family in our ward that was doing a major DI run. Abrielle and I have loved sitting together and reading them.
QUESTION FOR MY DEAR READERS: How do you combat the January blues? Leave me a comment letting me know! I love hearing from people!







No comments:
Post a Comment