In my defense for neglecting this blog, I have been MUCH better at updating my kitchen blog. I really really really love to cook delicious and healthy meals and I have had so much fun with Pinterest. I love to have so much access to new ideas.
Nathan is almost 9 months old now. He has 5 teeth and looks like he will be getting a 6th one soon. His 9 month appointment is on Thursday so I don't have any stats on him right now but he is definitely a solid little guy. He is long and not really chunky but definitely solid. He has officially figured out how to crawl and likes to get into everything he can. He loves following his sister around the house and crawls as fast as he can to get to the stairs with mommy running after him as fast as I can. He loves to pull himself up on everything but he doesn't move once he gets up so I think we will still have a while before he is walking. He continues to be an absolute delight and lights up our lives with his infectious smile.
Abrielle has now been in "pretty school" (as she calls it) for a few weeks now. She absolutely adores it and I have been very impressed with her teacher. She came home today with a darling little Easter bucket full of candy that she had hunted. She gets very excited about going to school and always asks when she can go back. Her favorite movie right now is back to "Ratatouille" and she still enjoys wearing dresses but doesn't insist on it. She loves to ride her bike around the neighborhood while mommy pushes Nathan in the stroller and would spend her life playing on parks or jumping on the trampoline if we let her. She loves vegetables and will eat peas, corn, broccoli and salad more than mac and cheese or chicken nuggets.
I am still teaching piano and I am still the 2nd counselor in the YW presidency in our ward. Both are going well although I could always use more piano students. I like my reduced schedule but the extra money is nice as well. I have been fighting an infection for several weeks now and have a new antibiotic as of yesterday so hopefully things will clear up soon. The antibiotic makes me a bit dizzy and tired so if you see me looking like a zombie, that is why. :-)
Jake is finishing up his education at SLCC. He has a few more weeks in this semester and then will take 2 or 3 courses in the Summer. We aren't sure if they are going to make him take the Computer Information Systems 1020 course since they are taking it off the list of graduation requirements as of this Summer, but we'll see. He will definitely be taking Human Biology and Principles of Public Speaking. He enjoys his job but mostly enjoys programming phones and computers and spending time with his family. We celebrated his 27th birthday last Friday with wonderful food and fun and LOTS of time together.
That is pretty much what we have been up to. We hope everyone is well and send our love to you all.
Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment