Saturday, July 3, 2010

I LOVE Date Night!

I must say that weekly date nights are the best idea EVER! The only thing that could be better would be if we could have daily date nights... :-) Just another reason to look forward to retirement!

After a long day of teaching piano lessons my darling husband whisked me away for dinner and a movie. We were debating where to eat and decided we were both in the mood for pizza. Best place to go for pizza? COSTCO!!! I love Costco's combo pizza. And at $9.95 for an 18" pizza, how could it possibly get better?! PLUS, you don't have to have a Costco membership to go. Just take cash and walk right in the exit after telling them you are going to the food court. We downed a ton of pizza and 2 delicious berry smoothies and enjoyed one another's company.

We went to our favorite Sandy Movies 9 dollar (okay... $1.50) theater for our movie. It is so hard to justify spending $16 to see one movie in the bigger theaters. Especially when we know we can PURCHASE the movie for less than that when it comes out at Wal-Mart. And "the experience" just isn't that important to us. Our usual favorite thing to do is Redbox! Who can beat $1.07 to watch a movie from the comfort of your own home?

Anyway! I got off track there. We went to see "How to Train Your Dragon" and it was ADORABLE!!!! Best line? "Now he's spinning. Thank you, you useless reptile!" It had comedy, action, tender moments, a bit of romance, a great plot and SUPER lovable characters. I recommend that EVERYONE Go see it! And, just look at this face! How can you not love this face?


This is a movie we will DEFINITELY own!

I just love date nights. I love spending time with my wonderful husband whom I adore so very much. If you haven't gone on a date with your sweetie lately, GO! We have a monthly budget specifically for our date nights so we don't break the bank, but we still do a lot of very fun things and get to spend quality time together. And I couldn't be more grateful!

Love, Shayla

1 comment:

Stanley Langford Lloyd said...

I love this movie too!!! It is just amazing... The End.