Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Second Doctor's Appointment - CHECK!

Well my mom certainly wasn't kidding when she said that the appointments get pretty boring (after the first one) until you have your ultrasound. The whole appointment took 45 minutes - and that included 40 minutes of waiting and about 3 minutes with the nurse and 2 with the doctor.

BUT we did get to hear the babies heartbeat this time around! The tiny little heart was beating at 153 beats per minutes which is perfectly normal on the high level. (Normal heartbeat is 120 - 160) Jake and I were joking about how active this little kid is going to be.

The best news is that we have an appointment for the ultrasound to find out if this baby is going to be a girl or boy! September 25th! Everyone I have talked to so far has said that they think it is going to be a girl. Jake and I thought it was a boy for a long time but now we are both in the "we have absolutely no idea, it could go either way" stage. Don't worry, we will be ABSOLUTELY sure to let everyone know!!!

Love,

The Bentley Family

1 comment:

amrust said...

AHHHH!! That is so exciting! I can't believe you'll know that soon! It's so exciting!