My Dearest Brother,
If excitement could be measured I think that our small
valley would be overflowing with it from the excitement of one family!!! I can
hardly believe that after so long of being apart that we are down to just 11
days. I hope that you have an excellent few weeks left – make them the best
yet!
All of my classes (save for one) wrapped up this week. It
was definitely bittersweet. I learned a lot of wonderful things this semester
and made some great friends. I am facing down two finals and one more
class before I am completely finished with this semester. One of the finals I
am almost finished with and feel pretty confident with. The other… it is a
major project and very intimidating. I hope that I can score well.
I am also getting close to my holiday break in piano. I have
two more full weeks of lessons and then a three week break starting the week of
Christmas. All of my students are having a great time playing Christmas songs
and it is fun for me to hear them. It really brings the Christmas spirit.
Jake was released as the Ward Mission Leader last Sunday. He
has a new calling but it isn’t official yet so we’ll let you know when that
changes. He is still trying to plug through school and is having a hard time
with his current class. It seems very repetitive and the lectures are long and
monotonous so he isn’t enjoying it. Hopefully it will start to pick up a bit
soon.
We have gotten quite a bit of snow this past week,
especially last night. Jake had to spend a great deal of the morning trying to
clear a path so we could get out of our driveway. He stacked the snow in one
big pile and hollowed out a little bit as a snow fort for the kids. I’m pretty
sure the kids will love it but if you were to ask who is most excited about it…
that would be Jake. J
Abrielle is super excited about Christmas and can hardly
wait. She faithfully removes a link from her chain every night and if we forget
she comes upstairs to remind us. She seems to talk about nothing but Christmas
right now and it has sure made the season seem even more exciting. I am really
excited about the presents that she will be getting because I think that she
will really love them. We have tried to also talk a lot about the Savior and
how he is the real reason that we celebrate Christmas.
Nathan seems a bit oblivious still to everything that is
going on. He yells, “KISS-MIS!” every time he sees something related to
Christmas. I am excited to see what he thinks of Christmas day this year
because he was still really little at this time last year.
I love you, dear brother! I will write you one more time
during your time in Finland next Sunday. Until then, be strong, keep the faith,
serve God with all of your might, mind, and strength. If you need a pick-me-up,
read Ether 12. It is my new favorite chapter of scripture.
Ether 12:4 = “Wherefore,
whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for
a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh
of faith,
maketh an anchor to
the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in
good works,
being led to glorify God.”
All my love, Shayla
Abrielle has taken to making her own Christmas gifts to unwrap.
Snow Baby #1
Snow Baby #2
Abrielle's First Selfie




1 comment:
lol! I love that she has made her own Christmas presents for unwrapping. Too cute!
Post a Comment