Sunday, October 20th, 2013
Our Dearest Brother,
SHAYLA: I passed my ACSM Certified Personal Trainer test!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!! I am very excited to have that over with and now I can just coast
through the rest of my degree. I will graduate with my degree in Fitness
Technology next May. But I am, officially, a certified personal trainer now!
JAKE: I just finished 6 more credit hours for my schooling –
that makes 12 in the last month and a half. If I can keep this pace I would be
done close to the end of the year. I just realized I could finish this term and
we wouldn’t have to pay for another term – woah….
SHAYLA: We have been looking into moving recently as a few
houses we were interested came on the market.
JAKE: We are basically looking at the West Jordan/South
Jordan border where… basically everyone lives. But the more we look at it the
more it looks like we’re just going to need to have some more income before it
is feasible to move there. So maybe once Shayla and I are both done with our
degrees I can get a better position and, best case scenario, we can be moving
into something bigger and newer.
SHAYLA: We have recently started looking at the Oquirrh
mountain area by Bacchus highway. The homes are a lot newer there and
absolutely gorgeous. Matt stated tonight that he would like to move there as
well. The biggest issue for us would be my piano lessons. I couldn’t move 5
miles further west and keep most of my students. However… if Jake were able to
get a job that made piano less “necessary” then we could take that out of the
equation. Right now we are pretty limited by location because of my piano
teaching.
JAKE: I’m still working on generation 5 but Matt, Kayden,
and Zac are all quite a ways into generation 6. Gotta admit I’m a little jealous
but, in all honesty, while I am still in school it just doesn’t make a lot of
sense for me to go and buy all of the hardware I would need to play generation
6. Who knows? Maybe if I really book it with my school you and I could play
through generation 6 at the same time.
SHAYLA: I am still not into gaming although I use Candy
Crush to pass the time. I am up to level 50 now. J It has come in handy
while I have been sick although I have also been reading a book series dad
suggested to me. The second book in the series (the one I am reading now) is
called The Wise Man’s Fear. It is wonderful writing with rich and deep
characters. There is more language and content than I would like (or than I am
used to with Brandon Sanderson’s books) but dad is helping me to know which
parts I need to skip over.
JAKE: Grandpa told us about a place where we can get our
tires for really cheap and it is totally awesome because it makes keeping our
cars on the road considerably cheaper. But, I think that there is something
wrong with the last set of tires that we got for our Saturn because they keep
leaking. I’ll have to take the Saturn to Grandpa’s tomorrow and try to figure
out what is wrong with one particular tire. In fact, I think that I am taking
that car to work tomorrow so I better go pump up that tire with a bicycle pump.
Love you. Hope everything is going well.
SHAYLA: Well… I don’t think that the aforementioned idea of
pumping up a car tire with a bicycle pump is a good idea. I will be sure to
remind him of that thought when he comes back in exhausted and sweaty. Abrielle
and Nathan are doing well. Nathan has been sick this week (he caught my cold)
but Abrielle has been alright. She has been a great help and a comfort to me
while I have been ill. I have enjoyed having her around. They are getting
excited for our Disneyland vacation and I am getting very excited to take them.
Just 2 months and 2 weeks from today!!!!
Still SHAYLA: The pictures that I am attaching are ones that
Alyssa took of the kids while we celebrated Serenthia’s 4th birthday
this week. She is getting really good at this picture taking business and we
set up a website for her this week. She is going to take our family pictures
this Saturday – once my face is no longer swollen (hopefully). I guess I haven’t
mentioned yet that my bronchitis turned into a sinus infection this week. Yeah…
silly. I finally went to the doctor on Friday after mom gave me a thorough
lecture on waiting too long. The doctor listened to my tale and said, “Yeah.
You’re SICK!” He said there is fluid behind my left ear drum and my nose is
really swollen inside. He gave me antibiotics and a steroid pack and I am on
the slow road to recovery. Mom was right… I waited too long. Hopefully I will be
back on my feet tomorrow.
Keep staying strong. Do the work God has set for you. Stay
in tune with the Spirit. Above all, remember how much you are loved!
Love always, Shayla and Jake
Beautiful Abrielle and Serenthia - Picture by Alyssa
My handsome Nathan - pictures by Alyssa
Abrielle and Serenthia with their Aunt Brynndi - picture by Alyssa
Cheesy Abrielle - picture by Alyssa
Sibling love - picture by Alyssa
Having fun as family - picture by Alyssa
Studying for ACSM CPT test
Taking a moment to get some fresh air and enjoy the fall weather
Beautiful baby boy










No comments:
Post a Comment