May 19th, 2013
My dearest brother,
I am so sorry, once again, that I forgot to write to you last week. Things were very crazy on Mothers day and I collapsed in bed, exhausted, by the end of the night. It was a good day though although I missed mom. It is hard to have her gone on so many holidays but we are going to celebrate with her today. Were you able to do something for her? Do you need any help?
I spent this weekend at a retreat called Blend. It is a conference for healthy living bloggers and readers. I signed up for the retreat several months ago and hoped that I would be able to increase my network and get better information about my future career. I discovered very quickly, however, that this was not the exact place for such a pursuit. Most everyone at the retreat was just another individual living a healthy life with very different interests and pursuits. I met a lot of very wonderful and kind people, but I wouldn't say that the retreat was fun. I didn't know anyone and felt really awkward surrounded by lots of groups of old friends. I tried hard to talk to people and meet people but I never felt comfortable and mostly felt anxious to be there. We got a ton of free stuff and yummy food and had a really fun Zumba class. It was a good experience and I feel like I learned a lot of different things... But I don't believe that it is something that I would ever choose to do again.
School starts again tomorrow. Can you believe it? Only one of my classes actually starts this week... Calculus 2. My other classes don't start until June 10th. I am still a little nervous but not nearly as much. I have come to terms with the fact that if I cannot successfully complete these classes right now it is alright. Someday I will go back and retake the beginning classes to help me with these late classes. I would prefer to not take that path, but I am open to whatever path I am meant to walk.
Jake is doing well although he has been a bit frustrated with the process for scheduling tests at his school. You have to submit an interest to even take the test and then within FIVE days they will send you a confirmation email to schedule the test. But you can't schedule the test within TEN days of that. Sheesh! He is trying to just plug through, however, and keep a positive attitude.
Abrielle is doing really well although this is her last week of preschool before summer break. She will primarily be spending the time that I am in school this summer at the Bentley's and I hope that her two month summer break will go by quickly for her. She continues to do well in Karate and enjoys it as well.
Nathan has been sick lately with a mystery disease. He had a cough and a high fever last week and this week he has been uncharacteristically cranky and clingy with occasional coughing. He is acting like he is teething but I am not sure if he is. The only teeth he needs to get still are his two year old molars. He is almost two so.... Maybe? Just keep him in your prayers.
Well I think that that is about all I have this week. Life continues to move on. I continue to love and miss you... Always. Be strong and keep serving the Lord. You are a strength to our family.
Love always, Shayla
1 comment:
It sounds like Nathan has the virus that's going around. Jake has been acting the same way. But yeah, just a virus...not much we can do about it.
Post a Comment