Sunday, May 5, 2013

No News is Good News?


May 5th, 2013

My dearest brother,

How are you doing? I hope that you are well and that you are no longer experiencing all of the medical problems that you were dealing with a while ago. I have been very happy to hear more cheerfulness in your letters lately and I hope that that is the way that life is treating you right now.

Mom and Kayden are off at the US Chess Championships. We are sad that they are going to be gone for Kayden’s birthday, Mom’s birthday and Mother’s day but we are grateful that Kayden has this opportunity. We ordered 2 dozen red roses to be sent to mom at their hotel. We had them sent this past Friday so that she could enjoy them for the whole time that she is there instead of just for a few days before she comes back home. I also ordered 12 Kind peanut butter and dark chocolate protein bars to be sent to Kayden tomorrow for his birthday. I thought it would be appropriate for him to get protein bars from his personal trainer. J

Things are going pretty normally around here. In fact, there really isn’t much to report. I take my last final of Spring 2013 semester tomorrow evening and then I have a 2 week break until summer semester starts with Calculus 2 on May 20th. I fasted for Kayden and for myself today and I hope that it will turn out well.

And, just because I am crazy like that, I also decided to try again to run a half marathon. I signed up for the Legacy Parkway Half Marathon on July 19th. It starts at 10 pm and everyone that finishes before midnight gets a flashing medal. I am training for it right now so keep me in your prayers that I will be able to make it work this time!

Sadly, that is really all I have to report this week. Like I said – not a whole lot has been going on. I love you very much and I am excited to hear from you again this week. You are in my thoughts and prayers continually.

Love Always, Shayla

P.S. Today Nathan is 22 months old and it is our 67th monthiversary. J

No comments: