As most of you know, I went a little crazy and bought tickets for my husband and me to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert at the Utah State Fair. Jake was so excited and the tickets hung on our refrigerator for about a month in anticipation of the concert. After the arrival of our babysitter I set off to pick Jake up from school. We had a lovely dinner at Subway and went on over to the fairgrounds. It was PACKED! I had no idea how many people actually go to the State Fair and the line just to get into the concert was wrapped around half of the park. And the seats were reserved!
I was really amazed at how much of the State Fair revolves around food. Literally, EVERYWHERE you turned there was more food and most of it was deep fried and smothered in something. I was pretty glad that we had eaten beforehand because just the smell was making my stomach hurt. (I don't eat fried foods.)
The concert was, surprisingly for me, a lot of fun. Weird Al was a very good and talented entertainer and everyone was happy and laughing. He wore a different costume for every song and had video entertainment inbetween while he changed. Most of the video entertainment was of times he has been referenced on various TV shows. It was really funny. My favorite scene was from a TV show I didn't recognize but the dialogue went like this:
Woman: "Why is it so hard for you to give a compliment?"
Man: "What do you mean? I complimented you just last week!"
Woman: "You said that I look like Weird Al Yankovic from behind."
Man: "Hey, learn to accept a compliment. The man has a tiny butt and beautiful hair."
To give you a better idea of what the concert was like I am attaching a video. He actually wore this costume during the concert while he sang this song:
Jake absolutely loved the concert and I loved spending the time with him. It was a lot of fun doing something different and it is always great to get to laugh with my sweetheart.
Love, Shayla
1 comment:
It's fun to see you and your husband get out! And it sounds like you had a great time! I hope all is well :)
Post a Comment