Monday, October 17, 2011

Hiking Date

On the way back from our run this last Saturday Jake got a call from a friend from high school inviting us to go hiking. This was a pretty surreal experience for me because I haven't ever really been invited to do athletic things before and I was really excited to go. My in-laws were already planning on watching our kids during the day so that Jake and I could go on our weekly date and so we dropped them off and headed off to meet the Spackmans.

We went to a really pretty area up past Highland Drive that I never knew existed before now even though I have lived in Utah my entire life. And, can you believe it? I actually have pictures for you!

This is the very beginning of the hike. The view was absolutely amazing. You could see all parts of the valley from Salt Lake to Utah Valley.

The leaves are changing colors now and there were some incredible colors along the whole hike.




This is the cute Anna Marie. She really liked all of the different plants and seemed like she knew quite a bit about them. She likes to feel the moss and I snapped this picture just as she looked up and didn't know what I was doing. Thanks for being a good sport Anna Marie!

There were the most beautiful naturally occuring small waterfalls and springs all along the hike. What a beautiful world we live in!

Here is my adorable husband. I convinced him to let me take this picture showing off his cuteness with all of the beautiful greenery all around. He was holding our bag open for me for the thousandth time.... what a sport!

It was so beautiful. I loved all of the different kinds of trees and plants that are still alive even though it has started to get a little more cold.

This was one of the biggest waterfalls on the hike at this time of year. Earlier in the year (Spring) it is much bigger but it is always beautiful! The hike to get to this waterfall was really steep but well worth it.

More of my handsome hubby! I sure love this man. The sun was beautiful and bright and just the right temperature.

Anna Marie found a beautiful "grassy knoll" and we had to take couples pictures. Here is Anna Marie and Brian. Thanks again for the invitation! We had a wonderful time!

I don't think Jake and I have taken a picture together for a really long time. Probably since 2009. I am so grateful that I can have a best friend that I love so much and that we can have so much fun together.

We finished off our date by going to Mizumi for sushi. It was so delicious. The Spackmans couldn't join us because Brian needed to prepare for a test but hopefully next time around we can all go together. If you haven't tried Mizumi and you enjoy sushi you should really check it out. It was fabulous!

Love, Shayla




1 comment:

Amy Beagley said...

Do you know what the hike was called?