I guess I should actually post about my birthday now that it has almost been a week later....
My birthday was AWESOME! Jake took the day off of work and I would like to say that we slept in but we got up and got ready to head off to the doctor's office. Yes, I scheduled my appointment on my birthday. Jake wants to be to all the rest of my appointments and I figured that this would make his work schedule the least amount of crazy.
So we dropped off Abrielle and went down to Alta View. There was hardly anyone in the office so we were in and out in a half hour. Amazing, right? The nurse and doctor were very kind about it being my birthday and they asked us about our plans and such. Unfortunately, Baby Aaron didn't get the message that birthdays mean presents and good news. He is head down but still sitting pretty high and I am still closed. I was really hoping for more progress by now. I thought for sure that I would be dilated at least a little bit so to hear that I am not was quite disappointing. I am 36 weeks along TODAY and my next appointment is TOMORROW so I will have to let everyone know if anything has changed.
After the doctor we went to Simply Sushi for lunch. You would be surprised how many things are actually cooked when it comes to sushi. Simply Sushi has their menu specifically marked with the uncooked/cooked things so we just order the things that are cooked. Just to be safe, you know? Our favorite roll is the King Kong roll - delicious!
We spent the afternoon relaxing and playing games together. With work and school and our callings we don't get many chances to just play and have fun doing nothing of consequence together. It was really nice and much needed!
To finish off the evening we went to my parent's house and made dinner. Yes, we made dinner. I like to cook and I knew what I wanted to eat so I wanted to make my own birthday dinner. Yes, I know I'm crazy. BUT! If you had had this birthday dinner you would have wanted to make it too! We had Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with a warm blackberry sauce, maple sausage patties and hashbrowns. Oh my goodness - SOOOOOOO good!!!! After stuffing ourselves to sufficiently full we went to see my brothers in West Jordan Community Theater's production of "Annie Get Your Gun." My brothers are part of the Moonshine band and they really stole the show with their comedic antics. They were having serious microphone issues with the leads in the show and it was a bit discouraging and distracting but there were some wonderful scenes that mostly made up for it.
We always go out to Yogurtland to celebrate any kind of family accomplishment. (Oh!You sang in a kindergarten program? Yogurtland time! Oh! Your school choir performed for the 5th time this year? Yogurtland time!) I got my yogurt all prepared and asked the very nice cashier boy if they did specials for birthdays and he pointed to a sign right by my head that says the yogurt is FREE on your birthday!!! Hurray! If there is anything better than frozen yogurt it is FREE frozen yogurt.
Like I said, it was an awesome birthday and I am so very grateful to my loving family for making it special for me.
For Father's day I made Jake breakfast burritos and got him 3 books and a computer game. He was really excited about his presents and he spent the day being the wonderful dad he always is by playing with Abrielle while I relaxed and even changing poopy diapers. What a guy!
23 has hit me harder than any other birthday so far. I suddenly feel very adult. Sounds weird, I know, but the fact that 23 is also the year that I become a mother of 2 probably has something to do with it. Here's to hoping that this year is the best year of my life so far!
Love, Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment