Today as I was going around the house desperately using my precious energy to continue the battle with the monstrous mess that surrounds us since we returned from our trip Abrielle started following me, tugging on my jammies and whining. I was on the phone at the moment trying to figure out if I could tailor my dinner to cook in the crockpot because I have to teach until 7:00 tonight so I continued on without really acknowledging her.
Once the phone call ended I frustratingly turned to Abrielle and said, "What do you need sweetheart?" She looked up and me and simply said, "Hug." I pretty much could have died on the spot. I immediately sat down and held out my arms and she crawled on my lap and held me for a few minutes.
I am very grateful for these little reminders of love and caring - gentle reminders of what really matters in life.
Love, Shayla
3 comments:
Oh, I'm such a baby! You have me tearing up at work. She's such a little sweetheart. You guys are truly blessed.
Jonessa
That is so sweet. I hope it made your day better.
I like the new blog background!!
Post a Comment