Let's be honest. I have no idea how many times I have been to the doctor now. It really can't have been that many but between doctor's offices and dental offices I have definitely lost count.
After the first appointment they get pretty boring for quite a while. Same routine each time that you wait for for 30 - 45 minutes and only takes 5 - 10 to finish. BUT starting at my last appointment they started measuring my tummy and listening to Abby's heartbeat each time and that is always a fun treat.
Everything looks good so far. Weight gain, blood pressure, heart beat, and measurements are all normal. They look for 1 cm of growth a week now (fun!) and I'm right on the mark since my last appointment.
The really good news I got today was that I don't have to do the test for gestational diabetes. My doctor listed all of the risk factors and smiled and said, "So basically, since you don't fit ANY of those, we're not going to do it this time." I will probably have to do it with my next baby, but I am just happy that I don't have to do it this time! They give you a cup of orange liquid that you have to drink in five minutes. And hour later they draw your blood and analyze the results. Not very fun and thank goodness I don't have to do it!
So things are moving along. Besides still being incredibly uncomfortable at night (and it seems to be getting worse so I don't assume it will go away any time soon) I just have to be careful about what I eat so that I don't aggravate my sensitive stomach. Abby is a very active little girl and decided that she wanted to move around more than sleep last night so, needless to say, I am a bit tired today.
But! All things considered, Jake and I are very excited to "raise our very own little person." My next appointment is in 3 weeks and then 2 weeks after that so it is definitely getting closer!
Other baby updates: my Aunt Jennifer just had her 8th baby on Monday, November 17th. Corbin was 8 lbs and is doing very well. My Aunt Ardis announced on Monday that she is pregnant with their sixth child and due June 15th! We are still waiting for our cousin Tonya's baby girl to arrive so keep her and her husband Kyle in your prayers! It should be any day now!
Love from the Bentley Family
2 comments:
its fun to hear about your pregnancy Shayla:) Im excited for you! It really has been an amazing experience!
Thanks for thinking of us Shayla! Yes I'm still waiting, but the enducement date is Friday so I'll for sure have her this week at least! I know how hard the sleeping thing is, but sorry, I can't say it gets any better...but it will definitly be worth it once she comes :) love ya!
Post a Comment