Friday, November 14, 2008

The 100 Day Countdown

For those of you who know me, you are more than a little familiar with the fact that I love countdowns. For my sixteenth birthday I made a 100-link paper chain to countdown the days I had left. The countdown to my wedding started from the day I was engaged. Since then I haven't had a whole lot to countdown to... until now!

If you haven't noticed already, today is 99 days to my due date. Who knows when she will actually come - it may be sooner than that or later, but I am still counting down!

As for an update on life: Jake just switched to a new department at work. The product sale goals are significantly lower than the last department he was in, but the sales are much more difficult to make. He is learning the ropes and how to get his sales pitch in on the calls. He also switched to a new time schedule so he works from 8:00 am - 3:30 pm instead of 7 - 2:30. This has been a great blessing for us since we no longer have to be so strict about early bed times. We still go to bed pretty early (between 9:30 - 10:30) and the added sleep has been wonderful.

Jake also went to the dentist yesterday for a continuation of the work he needs done. They did the root canal, crown buildup, and put a temporary crown on his number 18 molar. I think the appointment itself wasn't as bad as he was anticipating, but he was pretty sore for the rest of the day and groggy because he isn't used to taking any kind of pain medication. We took the day easy and just did some nice things together and he seems like he is back to his old self today.

As for me, work continues to progress. Piano has been pretty slow lately. A lot of my kids have gotten sick and had family emergencies come up so my schedule has been a bit irregular. I don't anticipate that will change any time soon because we are coming upon the holidays. However, practicing has definitely improved (*KNOCK ON WOOD*) and that always makes the job more enjoyable.

My job at West Jordan has been a bit frustrating. We only have seven kids in our cluster this year (we had fourteen last year) and the work is extremely slow. We (my best girl friend Ashley works with me) only go to a few classes with the kids and then don't have a whole lot to do for the remainder of the day. Occasionally someone will need homework help, but that isn't very regular. I know that a lot of people would LOVE to have a lot of downtime on a job, but I am the kind of person who likes to be challenged and busy. I'm only working here until my baby comes, though, and so I only have a few more months.

Jake and I are heading to Arizona on the 26th of this month for a MUCH needed vacation! We are going with Jake's family to visit his Grandparents in Mesa and I am so excited. We will be gone from November 26th to December 1st and the week we get back is the last week of school for Jake this semester. HAPPY DAY! I know the break isn't anywhere near as significant as summer break, but it is a break and I am just grateful for whatever I can get at this point.

Discover Card will start to pay 90% of Jake's schooling this next semester which will help greatly with the expenses our sweet Abby will add into our life. We have been so blessed! Our insurance has already saved us almost $1800 in dental expenses and almost $1500 in medical expenses and that number will increase a TON when Abby comes.

As Thanksgiving is coming upon us, I hope all of you will take a moment this holiday season to pause and reflect on all of the things you are grateful for. I know that I have so much to be thankful for this year and could spend the rest of my holidays naming the blessings God has so lovingly bestowed upon myself and my family.

One of my favorite quotes comes from the book The Alchemist: "When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises."

I am so grateful for the good things in my life that make every day special and unique! Life is hard, there is no doubt about it, but it is filled with many possibilities for obtaining joy.

Thanks to all for your continual friendship and love! We love you all so much!

Love from the Bentley Family

No comments: