Thursday, July 17, 2008

Midway, Pregnancy, and New Callings

Jake and I returned this morning from a 4 day vacation with my family to Midway. We stayed in a rental house (5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, LARGE SIZE) and spent the time playing games, relaxing, reading, and playing in the water. It was so relaxing and VERY much needed. It was very hard to have to come home, but we were grateful the trip lasted as long as it did. My grandparents rented a Sea-Doo for the day on Tuesday and my sister Alyssa and I are still walking bow-legged from the hours spent on the big waves and water. I usually don't burn very badly, but that didn't hold true for this time and I look like an overcooked lobster. Luckily, the burns are healing quickly and I should be back to my old self soon. I am so very grateful to have such a loving family that would provide such a great time for us, at very little cost to us poor newlyweds.

For those who may not have heard, Jake and I are expecting our first baby in the beginning of 2009! I am almost 9 weeks along at this point and have not been enjoying the nausea and exhaustion very much, but it has already been a great experience. My first doctor's appointment isn't until July 28th and hopefully everything is going well. I will be sure to let everyone know! We are guessing the baby is due around February 20th. We have been asked a lot if we want a boy or a girl, but we will definitely be grateful to have either. We are still throwing different options for boy names around, but the names we have, and like, so far are Abigail Ranay for a girl or Bryson Jacob for a boy.

Last Sunday was a very busy day for us. Our "landlord," Joann, was out of town on vacation and asked me if I would be willing to conduct the music in sacrament meeting. Besides conducting, Jake and I were also asked to speak in sacrament and to substitute for the 3-year old Primary class. On top of all of that I was called as the new Primary pianist - the only musical calling in the ward I haven't already had besides ward chorister. I hope it will turn out to be a great experience and I pray that the Lord will guide me in blessing the lives of his small children here on this earth.

Jake is enjoying his new job at Discover Card and I am still teaching piano and doing some Ebay things for my Aunt and Uncle. We both love our new place in the West Valley area. It is very close to Jake's job and we have 3 large bedrooms, our own laundry room and a large kitchen for only $700 a month, including utilities. The Lord has truly smiled upon our small family unit.

All in all we are very grateful to a loving Father in Heaven for our greatest blessing - to be married and to be together. We love each other very much and know that there are no greater blessings that God can bestow on his children than eternal marriages and families through his plan.

Love from the Bentley Family


5 comments:

Haylee said...

Hey congrats on being pregnant! I know how you feel! I was throwing up almost everyday for 6 months. I hope you dont have to have that:) the experience is wonderful! Good luck to you.
Haylee

betelgeux said...

wow, your life seems full of excitement! congratulations and good luck with the baby! :]

Courtland

Margaret said...

Shayla I love your blog. I'm so excited for you. Wow a baby. Your brave. The idea of pregnacy still scares me!

Kris and Nat said...

Congrats again and I am so glad you started a blog!

Van Hoose Family said...

wow...congratulations on the pregnancy! that really is so amazing!!!