Currently: June
Current books: I want to do some recreational reading but haven't had the time lately. I will probably read Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings again soon. Jake just finished re-reading it and book 2 and wants to read Steelheart next. Abrielle loves Pete the Cat and Nathan's favorite is Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site. Valerie just loves listening to anything if it means she is involved!Current music: We listen to a lot of 80s pop music because that is my favorite genre although I can't stand Madonna. We listen to MoTab on Sunday and Valerie loves slow country music (much to her mother's dismay) and classical baroque organ. Nathan still loves I love to see the Temple and we FINALLY got Abrielle to stop singing the Jigglypuff lullaby.
Current guilty pleasure: We love going to Pizza Pie Cafe as a family. It is cheap pizza and definitely not top quality but we have a great time as a family. My favorite flavors are the Hawaiian and Pesto Veggie (I can't eat any other pizza meats) and Jake loves the Spudolicious. The kids are good about eating 3 bowls of peaches and 1 piece of cheese pizza before they get chocolate oreo pizza.
Current nail color: Nothing :( The girls and I haven't gotten our summer nails on yet!
Current drink: We only drink water and milk here except for the occasional juice. Jake requested Pineapple Orange for Father's day and the kids love apple juice. I usually drink almond milk instead of cow's milk and Valerie is still breastfeeding. (Hoping to go for a year!)
Current food: Spaghetti, spaghetti, and more spaghetti. We don't want to buy a lot of food right now and we can't plan elaborate meals because we are rarely home around dinner time thanks to home showings. So we eat spaghetti. Cheap, easy, fast. I insist on the whole wheat noodles (much to Jake's dismay) and Abrielle LOVES parmesan cheese.
Current shows: Jake and I usually watch something together but we haven't been lately. I just finished watching "Chuck." (I watch while I breastfeed). The kids really like Pokemon but otherwise they watch movies. They have been on a Monsters kick lately - Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University. We are going to see Inside Out tomorrow night!
Current wish list: A buyer for our house. We had a buyer for 2 weeks but the contract fell through. They claimed they wanted us to repair the roof for safety reasons but when we had a specialist come in and report that the roof is just fine the truth came out - they wanted us to add a pitch to the roof. Trusses can cost $20,000 and that doesn't include labor. We told them there was no way that was ever going to happen on this house and we offered to replace the entire roof if that would make them feel better... they still "couldn't feel good about it" and walked away.
Current needs: A buyer for our house! LOL. But we also need the peace and reassurance that everything will happen in the time of the Lord. We are praying hard and doing the work. We know that it will work out... we just don't know what the timing looks like in the Lord's timetable. If anyone knows of someone looking to buy in the West Jordan area (north of Jordan Landing) send them our way!
Current triumphs: Jake was just made an administrator at work (one of four). Abrielle is getting better at her arm and leg raises in her tumbling arch up and not mixing up her addition and subtraction. Nathan is starting to better recognize his alphabet letters. Valerie got her top two teeth! I am doing better at controlling my stress levels and not letting it affect my ability to be a good wife and mother.
Current bane of my existence: Department of redundancy department... SELLING THIS HOUSE!!! I am grateful for the things that we have learned and the people that this difficult process has made us... but I wish that it were over.
Current indulgence: I found an ice cream bar that I can actually eat because it is made with alternative and very little sugar. They are called Enlightened and my favorite flavor is the Sea Salt and Caramel. Jake still adores Skittles and the kids are on a sucker kick. Abrielle particularly loves the gourmet lollipops.
Current blessing: We have so many but I would have to say the #1 blessing is supportive family. We are truly blessed by the people that surround us and we are so grateful for their sacrifices on our behalf.
Current mood: We're all feeling a little stressed and frazzled with this move but we're trying to keep things as normal as we can. I try and take the time each day to read with the kids and take them through their normal routine. It doesn't always happen and I have noticed the stress affecting them in certain ways but I think, all things considered, we're doing pretty well!
Current link: When we face trials it is easy to turn away from our Heavenly Father and ask, "Why me?" but trials can help bring us GREATER faith if we let them. Read the article from the Ensign at: EVERY TRIAL CAN BRING GREATER FAITH
No comments:
Post a Comment