Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thanks Katie!

I have seen these kinds of things on various blogs and I always enjoy reading them so I thought I would do one for myself since I have a minute or two. Maybe you'll learn something about me! Thanks to Katie at http://brettandkatiehancock.blogspot.com/ for the inspiration!


reading: The Enchantress by Michael Scott. It is the 5th installment (and the last) in the series The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. I have really enjoyed the books although they have their flaws and aren't my absolute favorites but I am excited to see how he wraps up the series. 
waiting for: 5:00 pm. Every day. That is when Jake gets home from work and when the good times really start. We are going on a 1.5 mile run tonight and I am excited to spend the time with him while working out and getting ready for my races. I am also waiting for school to start... I am nervous and excited but it starts in 1 week from tomorrow!
excited about: Again, school to start. But I am also excited for the Racing with Passion 5k and The Color Run 5k that we are doing in September!
missing: Jake. Always while he is at work. But I also miss my mom and brother. They are in LA for more chess stuff. They have been gone since the 9th and don't get back until the 19th. BLAH! I am ready for this summer to be over so that they won't be traveling so much. I love having my mom around.
trying to: overcome insecurities and correct false beliefs about myself. 
working on: Getting better at push-ups. LOL. Seriously. Why are push-ups SOOO hard? I do 20 every morning and night (in a row) and I keep waiting for the time when they won't be so hard to do. Gotta whip these arms into shape!
enjoying: Jake being out of school for the Fall!!!! Did I mention that he is taking the semester off? I probably have a million times now because I am sooo excited. It has been amazing. Yesterday we had dinner as a family, went for a 4 mile walk, gave the kids baths, watched an episode of Star Trek and STILL had time to lay in bed and visit before we turned off the lights at our "early" bed time. WOW. This is the life!
using: a lot more technology than I used to. I have an MP3 player now and was sitting on the couch uploading music from my laptop onto my MP3 while also texting on my phone and getting cooled off by my R2 fan and feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the technology!
planning: piano recital in September, anniversary in October, Thanksgiving in November and Staycation for Christmas in December!
singing: More often because Jake thinks I have a good voice. I am very uncomfortable singing and feel really embarrassed when I do it but I like to sing to my babies even though I won't sing for other people. 
needing: better sleep. I don't know what has been up lately but I feel like I have not been sleeping as well as I should/could be. Maybe my body just needs to adjust to not falling asleep to the last hour of the Olympics...
learning: to organize my thoughts properly so that I don't dwell on negative thoughts or false beliefs. 
listening: to wonderful white noise - the Evaporative Cooler blowing, the sounds of dogs barking outside, the clicking of my keyboard. It is a rare and beautiful moment when all babies are sleeping and the world holds still for a little while and allows you to breathe. 
wishing: that my sister and brother-in-law would do The Color Run with us.... I am crossing my fingers!
doing: absolutely nothing of consequence for the next few minutes. Relaxation... SO NICE!
praying for: my brother in Finland on his mission and my brother in LA at a chess tournament. The Lord will guide them and help them!
dreaming of: when Jake won't go to school ever again. Yes, it is a long ways off but I am excited for it nonetheless. This past week (yes, it has only been a week) has been HEAVENLY and I am going to try and enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.SECOND!

No comments: